dropdown menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

June 08, 2014

Baguio City’s Laperal: The Haunted White House

Baguio City’s Laperal: The Haunted White House


Hello my fellow bloggers and readers! It had been months since I last updated this blog, I had been very busy those past few months from my school thesis and work that I do not had the time to blog anymore, I almost wanted to quit blogging, but thanks to my fellow readers because of you I was determined to start blogging again despite my busy schedule. During my vacation after my summer class I went to this famous haunted house in Baguio City called the “Laperal: White House”. So now let’s unveil the haunted story behind the mansion.
Closer view of the Laperal Clan’s haunted house

The History behind the Old White House:

If you are seeking for adventure like ghost hunting the 4-hectare “White House” is the perfect place for you. It is located on Leonard Wood Road in Baguio City near the Teachers Camp and was now owned by Lucio Tan in 2007 which still remains to be unoccupied. According to what I have read on the Daily Inquirer it was formerly owned and built by Roberto Laperal in the late 1930sThe house was named after the family who once owned it. The mansion had its own taste of cruelty and horror due to the killings of the Japanese Soldiers during the World War II. The Old White House had been a witness from the cruelty of the past; it has witness the Filipino men being tortured and killed and the women being raped inside the mansion’s bedroom. Stories say that the Japanese murdered people here including its inhabitants.
Master’s bedroom


The master’s bedroom

Restless Spirits inside the mansion

Those restless spirits which have been killed before are still wandering inside the mansion.  It is said that the owners of the mansion, the Laperal Family was killed by the Japanese. Roberto Laperal, one of the last Laperals to live, said to have died after slipping and hitting his head.
It is believed that the restless spirits are still roaming inside the mansion, some taxi drivers were afraid to pass the Leonard wood road during late hours for the fear that they might see apparitions in the house. The taxi drivers honked their horns each time they passed the house as a way of excusing themselves to the spirits. The caretakers observed these restless spirits for sometimes the lights would switch on and off, some people who passed by the mansion saw something moving in the windows. According to the house caretaker she was hearing footsteps from the stable in the basement and windows being shuttered even when no one was around. There are media accounts saying, that the old man, Roberto Laperal could still be heard walking inside the house. The security guard and taxi drivers even saw an apparition of a woman in white going to and out of the house. The guard said that he saw the woman walk through the gates and passed over him in the porch and entered through the main door. A guest with a third eye said that restless spirits are still living in the mansion. The spirits were strongly felt inside the master’s bedroom and in another room. Another story, tells about unidentified young girl was spotted at the stairs of the house. While I was making these blog, I was even in Goosebumps.
The old grandfather’s clock


The fireplace at the ground floor




The staircase that leads to the 2nd floor. I kept on taking pictures hoping that I might find something creepy.
We took a tour around the house with a heavy heart. I don’t know but while I was wandering through the house it felt so eerie and scary of course knowing that you are inside a haunted house. And my travel buddy Kevin kept on scaring me, I don’t want to scream for I might disturb those spirits that is why there was a sign there which says Observe silence. He kept on opening every door and every closet to satisfy his curiosity. But there were several doors which can’t be opened probably locked. The mansion is really big that even the sound of the creaking door gives me the shiver.
A large scary portrait of a man inside the  closet which scared the shit out of me. Sigh! We were startled after seeing the picture because most of the closets were empty except for this one.

The top view of that creepy narrow staircase, I was really scared to climb the stairs Idk why either because it really gives me the shivers.


A picture of me scared to climb up the stairs, and in there at the top left where I encircled you could see an image of a black lady staring right behind me at the wall. You could barely see a clear image of a woman looking at me and Ugh! That scared the shit out of me. I don’t know if it is one of the ghosts of the haunted house or was it just my wild imagination. Actually I didn’t notice the woman behind me at all I just realized it after posting our pictures in Facebook and one of my Facebook friends commented in this picture and said that there’s a black woman staring behind right me. And whoa! I couldn’t believe it but when I zoomed the picture there really is a clear image of a woman staring at me. I felt eerie after I saw that maybe we have disturbed those spirits in the haunted mansion and I felt sorry and scared. And I remembered on our way back home to San Fernando, La Union while I’m on the bus I fell asleep for awhile and was awakened by the passengers getting out of the bus then I saw someone staring at me it was a woman and she looked mad by the way that she’s staring at me. I was shocked because why will someone stare at me like that? Have I done something wrong? I crumpled and rolled my eyes because I am still sleepy I just woke up from the noise of the passengers, I rolled my eyes and looked again at the woman but then I just saw the back of a man sitting opposite from me. And the woman was gone. That was one of my scariest experiences and I believe that, that was the same woman at the picture. I don’t know if it’s just my wild imagination playing with me while I’m at the bus or maybe because I was just tired and sleepy that was why I saw something like that. Ugh! I don’t know whatever it was I felt sorry because it might be that we disturb those restless spirits inside the haunted house because Kevin kept on opening every closet he saw every doors that we passed and we are very noisy too screaming and shouting inside the old mansion. I really am sorry for disturbing them. L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...