dropdown menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

November 24, 2013

Renewal of Working Permits 2014

Renewal of Working Permits 2014
Every year Ive noticed that all working citizens here in San Fernando La Union are required to renew their working permits. So here I am again on my every year mantra on renewing my working permits. Sigh!
To be honest, I really dont get to see the point why we were required yearly to renew everything down to the Cedula, Barangay Clearance, Police Clearance, Working Permit, and Health Permit (including the Stool, Urine, X-ray and Drug Test). Can somebody please enlighten me?  While in other cities if you are going to work or if you are about to ask them, for example in Baguio City where my father currently works and in Manila where my best friend works they are not required to renew their permits every year so I was shocked why the hell do we have to renew our permits yearly? A big question came out of my mind; I keep on asking “Why?” Because you know I am so fed up with these every year routine, it is a waste of time and a big waste of money also. For a working student, it is a waste for I have to budget my salary for my everyday schooling. For me that was a big deal, because instead of paying my tuition fee because Midterms is fast approaching and I had to earn money for our Thesis Defense I was forced to renew first my working permits before paying my tuition fee. And I just wonder where the hell those payments for the Working Permits go? Where did the government of the San Fernando City, La Union spend those cash? Is it for the maintenance of our City or is it put inside the pockets of those government Officials? Pork Barrel? We all know that Corruption is a widespread virus that is residing in our Community and I wonder when this corruption will stop. Or will it ever be stop? Well, I am just saying my own opinion about how I am purely against the Renewal of Working Permits.  How I wish that we dont have to renew those permits yearly because it is such a waste of money for us who are trying to make both ends meet.

These are the steps I have undergone in renewing the working permits:
First, I went to our barangay to get a Barangay Clearance which cost P20.00 then,
I hurriedly went to the City Hall to get a Cedula. Good thing that my workmate LJ told me that I could get a discount if I would ask for a student’s cedula which only cost P5.00 than the regular cedula which costs P25.00

Then I went to the back window I cant remember what window that was, because there were a lot of windows which is very confusing I had the assessment then I went back at window 3 for the payments and I was really pissed off for they let me go back and forth at the back window for there was a mistake in the assessment which is very time consuming and irritating because I was in a hurry for I still have my classes. I paid P265.00 here for the Police Clearance, Health Card, Documentary Stamp and Mayors Permit. Then I rode a tricycle to reach the Police Station located at Tanqui for my Police Clearance

And finally I got my Police Clearance Permit; I had nothing bad to say against the Police for they were very friendly and accommodating unlike the Government Staffs at the City Hall which were very rude. I was even ignored at Window 3 at the City Hall the window where you had to pay the assessment for the Police Clearance, Health Card and etcetera. I wish that there staff were as friendly as the Policeman at Tanqui.
Then I went at Lorma Life Check which is located in front of DMMMSU-MLUC. I was thankful that they had their promo for the OJT Students so I got a discount for my Urine, Stool and X-ray for only P250.00 unlike my other workmates who paid P250.00 just for the X-ray at Bethany, and P60.00 each for their Stool and Urine.
And after 30minutes I guess I received a text message from Lorma Life Check which says that I can already get the results of my Stool and Urine. There service was fast I didnt wait for hours or so. The Staff are very friendly and accommodating.
This is my Health Card Permit, after completing the Stool, Urine and X-ray. I felt lucky for they didnt look or require me to get a drug test because my other workmates were ask to get first a drug test before they can get their yellow card. But I think it was because I went there almost at their Closing time nearly 4:55PM because I still had my class so that was only my free time that is why they were in a hurry in signing up my Health Permit so maybe they didnt noticed that I dont have a drug test. But our manager told me that we werent required to get a drug test.
 Then finally, the last step in the renewal of Working Permits for the year 2014 my Mayors Permit or Working Permit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...